Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jewelry

I recently completed a project that had been sitting unfinished for some time. I created this piece as a wax carving for a class. For mother's day, I had it cast in silver.


These other pieces are from my stint at FIT a couple of years ago. I completed this piece for the piercing and sawing class. We had to create a symmetrical pattern containing 100 cuts within a 2" x 2" brass square. It now hangs in my home office.


I made this bracelet for my mother, then made similar pieces for myself and a friend. It was an independent project born of leftover wire and tubing. The texture is created by running the silver through a rolling press sandwiched next to torn up pieces of sandpaper.


The assignment for this necklace was that it had to be pierced, contain a stone in a bezel setting, and have wire soldered onto flat sheet.


This last piece is the oldest - from when I spent a semester in Florence in 1995. Also an independent project, it was inspired by the stone itself: a combination of malachite and azurite. The pearl moon rotates freely around the center stone.

Bookmark and Share
posted by Adriana at 1:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Creative Commons License
Adriatic Bear by Adriana Arcia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.