Saturday, September 02, 2006

Graduation

My official graduation date was September 1, but back on the 22nd, we held a ceremony to mark the occasion. We get our certificates towards the end of this month. Roughly 2/3 of the graduating class made it into this picture.



I made a speech about the importance of planning how you will use your professional influence over the course of your career. The seriousness of my point really comes across in the picture, no?


My colleagues, Daniella and Tamika also represented our class with aplomb.


Dr. Marilyn Jaffe-Ruiz was our faculty speaker. She was an invaluable adviser and cheerleader for me this past year.


We also received the benefit of some words of wisdom from Karen Ballard, nurse consultant extraordinaire.


The best treat of the day was the presence of my family, all the way from Miami Beach. Mom did the honors in the traditional nurse's pinning ceremony.


Here's the proud papa.



And my most excellent bro, Benjamin.


That night I enjoyed the company of my dear friends who couldn't make it to the ceremony: Emily (l), Mary Ellen (r) . . .


. . . and my buddy Ruth.


As always, the folks at Artepasta served up a great dinner, attentive service, and a tiramisu that will bring tears to your eyes. Seriously, don't miss it.




The next day, my folks and I checked out the exhibits at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. (shhh. . . Daddy doesn't know he's the shortest one).


That amazing awning deserves a closer look.


On the 24th, Daddy, Benjamin, and I drove up to New London, CT to get our college man all moved in.


My brother and I went for a visit in April '05, and as you can see Connecticut College has a lovely campus. That's Long Island Sound on the horizon.


They even have their own Winged Victory!


The school has a well-appointed bookstore, and the official mascot is the camel (striking abject fear in the hearts of all athletic opponents, no doubt).



Naturally, the stereo is the most vital, and therefore first, item unpacked.


Posters are also a high priority.


Home for the next year . . .

Of course, there are far more photos than you see here. To see the entire collection, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Adriana at 12:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Creative Commons License
Adriatic Bear by Adriana Arcia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.